I was both surprised and delighted today to have this blog nominated for the Illuminating Blogger Award by Pauleen (Cassmob) from Family history across the seas...initiated by the FoodStories blog. I have been an admirer of Cassmob's blogs for some time and have learnt so much from her research, that this made the nomination even more special.
Rather than reinvent the wheel, I have just copied this from Pauleen's blog....
I have chosen to nominate the following blogs as ones I can't wait to read, and then always wandering back to just in case I amy have missed something...
1. A SILVER VOICE FROM IRELAND the title intrigued me at first, so I just had to look and I was so glad I did. I love reading about the history of Ireland interspersed with what is happening there today.
2. Your Brisbane: Past and Present... I am totally intrigued by my adopted home of Brisbane, long ago, and love reading about places I have only wondered about or those of which I have fond memories.
3. MaherMatters which encompasses the history of Irish Catholics in Connecticut as told by Janet who has done extensive research over many years and has just published a book combining her own family history with that of many others to flesh out the history from 'the old sod to America'.
4. 52 Suburbs Around the World I love the journal of the Louise's wanderings around Sydney suburbs, but her wandering around the world with her young daughter, Coco, with her is totally fascinating, in that she uses a mix of brilliant photographs with her observations.
5. Clare County Library Blog a great insight to County Clare, past and present, of the usual great standard of anything to do with the dedicated team at Clare Library.
6. 'On a flesh and bone foundation... an Irish history...this intrigues me, as it is a great mix of personal history as well as that of of Ireland in general. With great detail as to where places are and why they are relevant to the story, it is compulsive reading.
With so many good, informative and interesting blogs available, there are others I could nominate, but I have to leave some for others.